Sunday, February 20, 2011

Web 2.0 and Digital Nation

1. While it is very true that in today's generation tv shows and ads try to look more home grown and copy what is on the web, I think that it will continue to be this way due to the fact that people are so "obsessed" with today's media in the web. For example etrade is a good example of home grown but the public enjoy it even though it is somewhat of a botched up advertisement. Over time amature user generated contenet will improve over time because the web keeps chaning over time as well.

2. I use Facebook as my most viewed site and it is surely addicting. It allows me to have pictures of myself from other friends and can give me capablilties of finding new friends and keeping in touch with my current ones. One of the reasons why Facebook is so much more popular and sucessful is because it is less of a "sketchy" based sites. There are more petifiles and america posts different pictures of themselves as if they want to be friends with random strangers. Facebook allows you to connect on a more college based level finding friends, tagging pictures and who you want to have as your friend or who you dont.

3. Transparency in the social media world is important because people need different things and different sites in the web and diverse things. It's also important where the information comes from. I also don't think it is any less important when it comes to the online world and the offline I think they both are equally the same when it comes to transparency.

No comments:

Post a Comment